DM’s final special celebrity video brought some Purple Pride to end the night. Actress Ana Gasteyer (Speech '89) went on to develop a diverse career in theater, film and TV after Northwestern. Here are five fast facts about this Wildcat.
1. She was a cast member on SNL. Some of her impressions included Martha Stewart, Hillary Clinton and Celine Dion. Dion loved the impression so much that she invited Gasteyer on stage at a show.
2. She originated Elphaba in the Chicago production of Wicked. In 2005, Gasteyer donned the green makeup and defied gravity when she starred in the local version of the Broadway show.
3. She was in Mean Girls. Gasteyer remained Evanston loyal in her film career when she played Cadie Heron's mother. You go Ana Gasteyer!
4. She’s been on a lot of sitcoms. She’s had roles in Suburgatory,People of Earth and Lady Dynamite.
5. She has an album. In 2014, Gasteyer released her debut album, I’m Hip. It’s filled with humorous takes on jazz standards, save for a sultry rendition of Carrie Underwood’s “Before He Cheats.”